Sitting in the heart of Manchester city centre, we are an active member of the local community and support a range of activities throughout the year.
Community & Charity Support
Manchester Arndale is an active member of the local community and we are proud to support a range of local community groups and charities through fund and awareness-raising activities. We focus heavily on building relationships with community groups and charities in order to achieve long-lasting results from projects and campaigns.
Please note: individual ‘charity collections’ and leafleting are not permitted, also requests solely based on a financial donation, i.e. prizes or goody bags. All fundraising must be part of a wider public awareness-raising campaign.
What We Look For
Manchester Arndale receives a high volume of charitable requests and our support must be focused and meet our charity criteria. Before submitting a charity request, please make sure that you can show:
- A meaningful, long term impact to the Manchester community and an ongoing relationship with Manchester Arndale
- You are a charity that is relevant to the Manchester Arndale customer demographic, and that the charity complements the Manchester Arndale brand and the centre’s ongoing service to the people of Manchester
- You are local – preference will be given to groups within the M60 – and have permission to host an event in Manchester Arndale
- Clear and measureable benefits to the local community
- Valid information as to the work carried out by the group / charity
- How your event will work in Manchester Arndale with accompanying photographs where possible
- How interactive your event is – think about how you will engage and inform customers. The more interactive the activity the better customers will engage.
- How the charity fits with Manchester Arndale’s ongoing campaigns or community projects
What We Cannot Support
- Individual ‘charity collections’
- Requests solely based on a financial donation, i.e. prizes or goody bags
- Organisations which are not recognised or registered UK charities or community groups
- Charity advertising space, unless specifically linked to a Manchester Arndale funded project
- Personal appeals by or for individuals, including sponsorship for expeditions or overseas trips for individuals or other charities
- Support for political parties or political causes
- Promotion of specific religious ideas or views and support for religious bodies, except where the project is for the benefit of the wider community
- Charities that do not directly benefit UK residents (must also benefit a percentage of people living in the immediate catchment area of the centre)
- Year-end deficits
- A charity’s core costs including buildings, salaries general running or management costs
- Anything that would replace funds provided by government or statutory authorities and that does not bring additional benefits to people or communities
- National Charities and Retailers
Please send full details of your community or charity support request to firstname.lastname@example.org